Frequently Asked Questions
How to mail a potato:
- Pick a potato from AnonymousPotato.com, add your custom note and photo and place your order. From there we will ship the potato to the person/company you want!
Where do I add a message to my potato?
- On the product page you will see a section to put you custom message.
How many words can I put on my potato?
- You can put up to 130 - 140 Characters on a potato. If you put more we will do our best to make it fit :)
How do I put a picture on a potato?
Do I need to crop my photo?
- No, you don't need to crop your photo! We will do this as we fulfill the product.
- Face Potato - If you purchase a Face Potato we will crop the photo for you.
- Photato - If you pick a full photo potato we will not crop the photo. This is meant to be like a postcard.
When will my order arrive?
- Orders are processed in 1-3 business days and shipping time is around 3-6 business days.
- We cannot guarantee a certain day the package will arrive, but you can try to time it as close as possible.
- Burrito Blankets shipping time is 21-35 days.
Can I schedule a shipment?
- You sure can. On the product page you can hit ship ASAP or schedule a date to ship.
- Shipping ASAP means we will fulfill that order in 1-3 days to be shipped.
- If you are trying to plan a certain recipient date you can schedule knowing that our shipping time is around 3-6 days depending on the postal service volume and your recipients location.
Where do you ship from?
- We ship from Dallas, Tx.
Shipping to a business.
- If going to a business address we cannot control if the order shows up on the weekend or non-working hours. You must contact USPS with your tracking number on this.
Where is my order confirmation
- All customers get an automatic order confirmation via email. Please make sure we are on your email "safe list" to avoid going into spam.
Can I edit my message/image, even if I already placed my order?
- If the order hasn't been shipped out yet then you can email us at email@example.com with your order number and what you want us to put on the potato.
- Our support team typically takes a business to answer.
What happens if my order is returned?
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and tracking number. Majority of the times returns are caused due to the patrons entering the zip code incorrectly or incorrectly entering the business name of the recipient's location. If an order says it has been delivered there is nothing we can do to help find the order.
- We understand that sometimes it can be hard to remember the correct address of the person you are shipping a product to. This is why we have an address validator upon checkout. Please verify it is correct before shipping.
Whose shipping address and email do I enter at checkout?
- We will also never show your email. That is why it is very important to enter YOUR email and the RECIPIENT'S shipping address at checkout. If you want the person to know that it was from you, simply write your name in the message. For example "Love, Jake R."
I entered the wrong shipping address. Now what?
- Don't worry as long as you can get us the information in a enough time before the order is fulfilled we can fix it. Email the order number along with the changes in the shipping information to email@example.com
- We typically do not offer refunds unless it is our mistake. For instance, if you enter an incorrect shipping address and the order is shipped to that address we cannot issue a refund for this. We ask our customers to verify the shipping address on every purchase. We pay extra for an address validation tool.
Can my message be anonymous?
- Yes, it can! If you would like the message to be anonymous, simply do not give any clues that the potato was from you. Meaning, do not write your name on the message!
- Please note that we do not send harassing, threatening, hateful messages. We read every message and will ask you to change it if we think it is not a friendly message. If someone emails us feeling harassed by a potato they received, we may reveal your identity to avoid conflict with ourselves and the receiver.
Will the person that I am sending the potato to, know that I was the one who sent it to them?
- This is completely up to you. The orders can be anonymous or not. We will never show your shipping address as the return address. It will only show our shipping address and the recipient's on the package.
Will the potato arrive in a package?
- Yes, it will. If there is no package, then it will arrive damaged to your recipient! We do not send potatoes in the mail with just stamps on them. All packages are protective so your potato won't arrive mashed!
- You can also upgrade to a box for shipping.
- If you upgraded to a burlap sack this to will arrive in an envelope
Do you do drawings?
- We currently do not offer drawings, but you can request it in your shopping cart under special instructions to the seller. Our fulfillment team is not obligated to draw, but they usually do if requested :)
What types of messages are allowed?
- We allow a variety of fun messages! We also allow profanity. However, we do not allow hateful, harmful, or threatening messages and we will not process orders with messages that have wording like this. In this instance, we will either cancel your order or ask you to change your message.
What types of images are allowed?
- We allow a variety of fun images! However, we do not allow nudity of any kind, or images that can be interpreted as harmful or threatening. If such kind of image is uploaded, we will contact you to replace the image with one that abides by our policies.
Can I eat the potato I receive?
- No. We do not recommend eating these potatoes as they have ink and can pick up bacteria during the shipping process. We are not liable for any sickness if you eat the potatoes!
Watch the video for shipping instructions
- We do not process multiple orders in one check out. This is to ensure we get the correct message on the right potato. If you would like to send multiple orders you will need to check out multiple times.
*** Please note that we do not process orders if they include threatening messages that will scare or harass people. If someone emails us saying that they feel threatened by your message and demands to know who send them a potato, we may reveal your identity. This is on a case by case basis.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Please note that we do not process orders if they include threatening messages or images that will scare or harass people. If someone emails us saying that they feel threatened by your message or image and demands to know who sent them a potato, we may reveal your identity. This is on a case by case basis.